Welcome to Shots. OC Photography
Your family photos are treasures that can never be replaced. Those milestones in your life can be forever captivated and passed down from one generation to the next. Whether you need individual images for business purposes, senior photos, or captivating moments of your child, we can provide the perfect blend of photojournalism along with professional posing techniques.
Our goal is to make your photo session fun, easygoing and as professional as possible. Our images are unique to every family, whether you want to capture love for an engagement session, bridal portrait session or remember how your child looked on their sixteenth birthday. You are welcome to bring ideas too. If you have favorite looks that you have seen in a magazine bring them with you. During your consultation, we will get to know you and suggest backdrops or locations that reflect your personality.
What to Wear: Tips for Selecting Your Wardrobe
A lot of people ask what they should wear to their photo session? After all, these photographs will become a staple in your family frames and albums for years to come. Choosing timeless, yet appropriate attire will lend to the positive outcome of your photo shoot.
If it’s an indoor session, choosing soft, warm colors can be very pleasing to the lens. Outdoors, you can opt for bolder colors, earth tones or contrasting, such as big stripes paired with a solid color. Pinstripes or small dots generally do not photography well. Wearing accessories can add a nice touch, but try to avoid accessories that are too big as they may overshadow your face.
Here are some general tips to follow for selecting your wardrobe:
· Choose soft colors, such as pink, light blue, lavender, yellow, etc. for dreamy looks
· Choose bold colors such as red, black, dark blue, purple or orange for dramatic looks
· Minimal accessories are best, as too big or too many can detract from the image
· For children, bring outfits that have a lot of creativity behind them. They can be fun, layered looks, sporty, textures (tutus and ruffles for girls look so cute!), jeans, khakis, sweaters, skirts, dresses, etc. “Sunday” wear dress code works well.
· Avoid character t-shirts, shirts with sayings, etc.
· Don’t forget the shoes and socks. Men, avoid wearing white socks with dress shoes. Make sure your shoes are clean, not raggedy or muddy. Barefoot photos can also be fun! For the women, boots, heels, sandals or dress shoes look great.
Contact us today!
Let us help you plan your next photo shoot personally! At SHOTS! we are proud to offer as much or as little styling assistance as you may need before your scheduled shoot!